What is SeniorAid?
SeniorAid contains the essential daily nutrients plus supplemental nutrients which older dogs either have an increased requirement for or do not produce sufficiently for themselves.
The Specific Benefits of SeniorAid:
- Phosphatidyl-serine has been shown to improve cognitive deficits, memory, orientation, learning and social behaviour in ageing dogs. This is key to ensuring brain function.
- L-Carnitine is necessary for the function of cardiac and skeletal muscles.
- BetaGlucan – enhances the immune system.
- Taurine is used to help support myo-cardial and retinal function. Also has a role to play in the management of cardiac problems to older pets.
- Glucosamine is the starting point for the production of many tissue structures particularly cartilage, tendons and ligaments and is fundamental to the maintenance of joint mobility.
- Arginine is an essential amino acid, necessary for renal function in cats and dogs.
- Omega 3 and L-Arginine inhibit muscle protein degeneration associated with cachexia and cancer.
- Vitamin E, Vitamin C and Betacarotene are antioxidants which help prevent damage to cell membranes, and are a key ingredients in diets designed for cognitive dysfunction in dogs.
Signs of ageing:
The first sign of ageing is a general decrease in activity level, including a tendency to sleep longer and more soundly, a waning of enthusiasm for long walks and games of catch and a loss of interest in the goings on in the home. Skin and coat change too, as the skin loses pliability and the capacity of the oil-producing sebaceous glands diminishes. As ageing advances, heart, liver, and kidneys lose their efficiency and the immune system is less able to fight off attacks by bacteria and viruses. Old age also has a significant effect on brain function which can be helped with correct nutritional intake.
Why does a ‘Senior’ dog have extra dietary requirements?
As pets get older the quality of their dietary intake may vary due to for example illness, reduced appetite and overall increased requirements of specific vitamins and minerals.
Customers are welcome to collect orders, view products in our showroom or arrange
a consultation. Whilst we do hold most items in stock, we advise you to telephone
before you set off to check that the items your require are in stock. If you would
like to arrange an appointment please contact us so we can schedule a time.
Supplement Solutions Ltd
Tel: 01995 672464