KalmAid – for highly strung or anxious pets.
What is KalmAid for?
- KalmAid is for Nervous or Anxious Pets.
- KalmAid can also be used to manage long term behavioural problems.
When does a dog need KalmAid?
- Anxious situations.
- Separation anxiety.
- Strange surroundings – e.g. kennels or minders.
- At weaning – when puppies are separated from their mothers.
- Environmental stress – e.g. lightening, fireworks.
- Behavioural Problems.
- Unwanted or unruly behaviour (longer term management)
- Going to the vet
- Changes in household
How does KalmAid Work?
- L-Tryptophan is an essential amino acid which affects production of serotonin. Serotonin has a calming and relaxing effect.
- L-theanine, another amino acid also has a calming effect.
- Thiamine (Vitamin B1) deficiency has been associated with nervous disorders.
250ml caramel flavoured liquid. Also available in beef flavoured tablets (Pack Size 30).
How long should a dog stay on KalmAid?
For anxious situations use as and when required. See the recommended intake table overleaf. For long term management of behavioural problems continue the lower intake for up to 3 months.
How soon should an effect be seen?
For immediate results give the recommended amount at least 1 hour before effect is required.
Can KalmAid be given with other feeds or supplements?
Yes. KalmAid can be given in addition to any other supplements.
How do you give KalmAid to my pet?
KalmAid can be poured over food as required. Use the handy measuring cup on the top of the bottle for ease of use.
Can I give KalmAid to my cat?
Yes, KalmAid is effective for cats. Simply give the amount according to your pets’ weight as shown on the bottle.
Pet Weight - Amount to Give (Long Term) - Amount to Give (Short Term)
Up to 10kg - 2.5ml twice daily - 5ml
10 – 20 kg - 5ml twice daily - 10ml
20 – 30 kg - 7.5ml twice daily - 15ml
Over 30kg - 10ml twice daily - 20ml
For dogs over 40kg give a maximum of 20ml per day.
For short term use, give 1-2 hours before ‘anxious event’.
How long will it last (days)?
If given continuously, KalmAid 250ml will last 50 days for a 10kg dog.
Customers are welcome to collect orders, view products in our showroom or arrange
a consultation. Whilst we do hold most items in stock, we advise you to telephone
before you set off to check that the items your require are in stock. If you would
like to arrange an appointment please contact us so we can schedule a time.
Supplement Solutions Ltd
Tel: 01995 672464