Vitex 4 Equids Plus retains all the unique properties of the plant and includes additional sources (all from NATURAL FOOD INGREDIENTS) of the domaminergic amino acids tyrosine and phenylalanine and DOPA. Insufficiency of dopamine is considered to be significantly related to Cushing’s Disease.Vitex4 Equids Plus is HIGHLY PALATABLE; most horses and ponies will eat it from the hand.
- Vitex4 Equids Plus can:
- Be fed to older horses particularly those who fail to shed their coats or drink excessively
- Supplement the diet of stallions and mares during the breeding season
- Supplement the diet of aggressive or uncooperative animals e.g. moody mare or “riggy” geldings.
- Provide a sense of wellbeing in equids
- How does Vitex4 Equids Plus work?
- A large amount of research on Vitex has been carried out in Germany and according to Dr Rudolf Fritz Weiss, Vitex acts on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland. The pituitary gland is the "conductor of the hormonal orchestra" governing digestion, metabolic rate, reproduction, behaviour, growth and ageing.
- It is known that Vitex can support the hormonal balance in horses.