Equine America Copper Plus 1kg (Equine)
- 20g serve provides 100mg bio-available copper from chelated and inorganic sources
- Also provides Vitamin B12 to support blood cell production
- Contains Zinc to help maintain the correct copper : zinc ratio in the total diet
- Also provides key antioxidants Vitamin E and selenium.
- Safe to feed in addition to most typical fortified diets
Equine America is BETA NOPS and UFAS assured which means that full product traceability is in place, along with a quality assurance program which minimises the risk of contamination of the feed with prohibited substances and NOPS. Products are formulated to be suitable for horses competing under FEI regulations and the Rules of Racing.
- Buy 2 for £25.65 each and save 12%
Copper is a key trace mineral and plays many important roles in the body, including:
- Red blood cell production and in particular the formation of the oxygen-carrying pigment haemoglobin
- As a key component in antioxidant enzymes, helping to protect muscle and other cells from oxidative damage
- As a key co-factor in enzymes which help maintain strength and flexibility in connective tissue such as tendons and ligaments
- Bone production and development, and is vital for correct skeletal development in young horses
- The production of myelin, the protective covering of nerve cells
- Keratin synthesis for healthy skin, mane and tail hair and hoof production
- As a key component in enzymes responsible for the production of skin pigments
Copper interacts closely with zinc and Vitamin B12, and both these micronutrients are provided in Copper Plus Powder, to help maintain the correct ratios in the overall diet. Key antioxidants Vitamin E and controlled levels of Selenium are also provided to support copper’s role as an important co-factor in antioxidant enzymes, helping to protect muscles and other cells from oxidative damage.
Many UK pastures and forages are either low or marginal in copper, and copper supplementation may be required in specific cases where forage levels are known to be low or marginal, or where are high levels of copper antagonists such as iron or sulphur are present in the feed or forage, which may interfere with copper absorption.
Copper Plus Powder will help to correct a lack of copper in the diet, with safe and controlled levels, from bio-available sources.
Seek professional advice if a copper deficiency is suspected, either from a qualified nutritionist or your veterinary surgeon.
What are the benefits of Copper Plus Powder?
Copper – is provided from two sources, to ensure optimum bio-availability and help correct sub-optimal intakes:
50% from the chelate of glycine hydrate
50% from copper sulphate
Zinc – is included to help maintain correct overall dietary ratios and ensure optimum bioavailability:
50% from the chelate of glycine hydrate
50% from zinc oxide
Vitamin B12 – to support blood cell production
Vitamin E and Selenium – to provide additional antioxidant support
|Complies with Jockey Club/ FEI Rules||YES|
|Warnings||Do not feed more than 20g per day|
|My Horse Is...||Competing|
|Instructions for use||For 500kg horses:
For initial 5 days,: 28g per day. Thereafter 14g per day.
Maximum 28g per day.
|Maintenance Feeding Rate (average size animal)||14g per day|
|How long will it last (days)?||45 days|
|Approx cost per day||53p|
|Ingredients Label||Composition: Dried alfalfa, calcium carbonate, vegetable oil Additives per kg: Nutritional additives: Trace elements: Copper total 5000mg. Copper (Copper (II) chelate of glycine hydrate 3b413) 2500mg, Copper (copper (II) sulphate pentahydrate 3b405) 2500mg, Zinc total 5000mg, zinc (Zinc chelate of glycine hydrate 3b607) 2500mg, Zinc (zinc oxide 3b603) 2500mg, Selenium (sodium selenite 3b801) 10mg. Vitamins: 3a Vitamin B12 5mg, 3a700 Vitamin E 25,000mg Sensory additives: Mixture of flavouring compounds 2.5g Ingredients Per 10ml Serving: Total Copper (from 50% Chelated & 50% Sulphate) - 100mg Total Zinc (from 50% Chelated & 50% Oxide) - 100mg Vitamin B12 - 100mg Vitamin E - 100mg Selenium - 0.2mg Analytical Constituents: Crude Protein - 13.6% Crude Fibre - 21.5% Crude Fat - 5.0% Crude Ash - 22.1% Sodium - 0.3% Copper - 500mg/kg|
|Key Ingredients||Alfalfa, Calcium Carbonate, Cobalt, Copper, Selenium, Sodium, Vitamin E, Zinc|