Animalintex is the original poultice dressing manufactured by Robinsons Animal Health. Animalintex is an impregnated multi-layered poultice and wound dressing for the treatment of equine and canine wounds.
This product is a pack of 2 x Animalintex and 1 x EquiWrap Bandage.
Animalintex absorbent dressing can be used as a hot poultice, as a cold poultice to reduce inflammation or a dry dressing to stem bleeding and absorb fluids.
One of the most versatile of all horse healthcare products, Animalintex can be applied either as a wet hot or cold poultice or as a dry dressing, depending on the needs of the particular situation.
• Thoroughly clean area to be treated
• Apply the Animalintex poultice with the plastic side uppermost in a shallow tray. (Do not use a bucket unless it has been very carefully cleansed first)
• Use boiled water that has been allowed to cool to 38C/100F and pour the water into the tray around the edges of the Animalintex. Do not submerge
• When saturated, take out and gently hand squeeze out more water so the poultice is damp rather than wet
• Place on the affected area with the plastic side on the outside, moulding Animalintex to the contours of the body
• Hold in place with a Levewrap Bandage (also available on the website) making sure the poultice is completely covered.
Follow the same procedure as above but using boiled water that has been allowed to cool thoroughly before pouring. When the Animalintex is saturated, squeeze our excess water and apply cold to the affected area.
After cleaning the area, apply the dressing directly then bandage. Used dry, Animalintex may be used several times and still retain its effectiveness.
Customers are welcome to collect orders, view products in our showroom or arrange
a consultation. Whilst we do hold most items in stock, we advise you to telephone
before you set off to check that the items your require are in stock. If you would
like to arrange an appointment please contact us so we can schedule a time.
Supplement Solutions Ltd
Tel: 01995 672464