Equine America Kentucky Liquid Joint Supplement 1 Litre (Equine)
Kentucky Liquid provides nutritional support to help maintain healthy cartilage and joint fluid.
- Provides Glucosamine Hydrochloride (HCl) - backed by research.
- Also provides MSM and Hyaluronic Acid (HA).
- Contains key antioxidants Boswellia and Vitamin C.
- Great value joint and mobility support for all horses and ponies.
Equine America is BETA NOPS and UFAS assured which means that full product traceability is in place, along with a quality assurance program which minimises the risk of contamination of the feed with prohibited substances and NOPS. Products are formulated to be suitable for horses competing under FEI regulations and the Rules of Racing.
- Buy 2 for £26.98 each and save 5%
- Buy 4 for £25.56 each and save 10%
Kentucky Liquid Joint supplement provides key nutrients and ingredients to help support joint health and mobility in horses and ponies in light to moderate work, as well as comfort and support to help prevent stiffness in older horses and ponies.
Wear and tear on the cartilage which covers the articular surfaces of joints is one of the most common causes of reduced mobility in horses and ponies. It is often seen in older horses but can affect those in lighter work, as well those with a strenuous training and competition programme.
Cartilage doesn’t have its own blood supply and it relies on the bone underneath and the synovial or joint fluid bathing the joint to supply nutrients and key compounds to maintain its health and shock-absorbing properties. As the horse ages or the daily impact of training and competition increase, the ability of the underlying bone and synovial fluid to provide these nutrients may not be enough to maintain health, resulting in stiffness and reduced mobility.
It then becomes important that the horse receives a dietary supply of these key nutrients to ensure the cartilage and joint fluid retain their elasticity and shock-absorbing properties to support joint health, comfort and mobility.
- Provides Glucosamine Hydrochloride (HCL) - backed by research
- Also provides MSM and Hyaluronic Acid (HA)
- Contains key antioxidants Boswellia and Vitamin C
- Great value joint and mobility support for all horses and ponies
- BETA NOPS and UFAS accredited, ensuring our products do not contain prohibited substances and are suitable for horses competing under FEI regulations and the Rules of Racing.
Glucosamine is one of the key compounds in supporting joint health, and has 3 important roles:
- To stimulate the production of the proteoglycans which help produce the strong, elastic, shock-absorbing properties of the collagen matrix in the cartilage.
- To help reduce the degradation of cartilage.
- It has antioxidant properties and helps anti-inflammatory processes.
MSM helps the horse's own anti-inflammatory processes.
Hyaluronic Acid is important in maintaining the viscosity and elastic shock-absorbing properties of joint fluid
Collagen is an important compound, producing the structural framework of cartilage, helping to give it strength and elasticity and provide shock absorption. We are proud to confirm that we use a sustainable and ethically produced form of marine collagen.
Vitamin C is one of the most important antioxidant vitamins, helping to scavenge free radicals and reduce oxidative damage in joints.
Boswellia also provides antioxidants and other important phytochemicals (plant-derived compounds) to support anti-inflammatory processes.
Kentucky Liquid Joint Supplement provides these key nutrients to provide nutritional support for both cartilage repair, and to help maintain healthy joint fluid to lubricate and nourish the joint, supporting joint health and comfort, and reducing stiffness.
|Suitable for use during pregnancy?||YES|
|Complies with Jockey Club/ FEI Rules||YES|
|Show Me Products||BETA NOPS , Free From Prohibited Substances|
|My Horse Is...||Competing, Pregnant, Stiff|
|Best Sellers||Best Sellers|
|Instructions for use||For 500 kg horse in harder work, 30ml per day.
For horses in light work, 15 ml per day.
|Maintenance Feeding Rate (average size animal)||15ml|
|How long will it last (days)?||2 months at maintenance|
|Approx cost per day||35p|
|Ingredients Label||Composition: Water, Glucosamine hydrochloride, Methylsulphonylmethane (MSM), Collagen (marine), Hyaluronic Acid (003%) Additives (per kg): Nutritional: 3a300 Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 5600mg. Sensory: 2b Boswellia extract 2800 mg Key Ingredients Per 30g Serving: Glucosamine HCl - 2000mg Hyaluronic Acid - 84mg MSM - 2000mg Vitamin C - 168mg Collagen - 480mg Boswellia - 84mg Analytical Constituents: Crude Protein - 1.6% Crude Fibre - <1.0% Crude Fat - <1.0% Crude Ash - 3.0% Sodium - <1.0% Moisture - 82.0%|
|Key Ingredients||Boswellia, Collagen, Glucosamine, Hyaluronic Acid, MSM, Vitamin C|