Brinicombe Copperite (Equine)
Copper supplement for horses
Copper and selenium are essential trace elements for horses and play a key role when selecting health supplements for foals. Copper and selenium support bone development and muscle health to ensure a great start in terms of growth and performance.
Across UK and Irish soils, copper and selenium deficiencies are common – making grass grown on these soils is also deficient. If forage and grazing make up a large portion of your horse’s diet, this means that intakes of selenium and copper may also be low.
Copperite is a palatable powdered supplement with a highly available source of copper, fortified with selenium and vitamin E. Formulated for the support of growth and performance. It is recommended to complement diets deficient in copper and selenium, or for any horse who may benefit from increased levels in the diet.
Key Ingredients of Copperite:
- Optimum levels of copper and selenium essential to support normal bone development in youngstock. Maintains muscle health and coat colour.
- Chelated copper, ensuring copper is more easily digested and absorbed by the horse for maximum benefit.
- Fortified with vitamin E, an essential antioxidant which also supports the body’s ability to utilise selenium.
- Dust free alfalfa base, sweetened with fennel and vanilla extract; an appetising aroma that appeals to all horses, including fussy eaters.
Key Benefits of Copperite:
- Copper - Chelated copper for ready absorption & maximum benefit.
- Selenium - Antioxidant properties for immunity support.
- Muscle Support - Fortified with vitamin E to help utilise selenium.
|Complies with Jockey Club/ FEI Rules||YES|
|Show Me Products||BETA NOPS|
|My Horse Is...||Competing, Developing, Lacking Minerals, Lacking Muscle, Young|
|Best Sellers||Best Sellers|
|Instructions for use||There is no initial loading rate with this product. Mix with a damp feed, gradually building up to the required rate over seven days.
Horses & Youngstock: 2 scoops
Ponies: 1 scoop
|Maintenance Feeding Rate (average size animal)||50g per day (2 scoops)|
|Maintenance Feeding Rate (average 500kg horse) (Grams)||50|
|How long will it last (days)?||2.5kg - 50 days
6kg - 120 days
|Approx cost per day||37 - 41p per day|
|Ingredients Label||Copper, Zinc, Selenium, vitamin E|
|Key Ingredients||Copper, Selenium, Vitamin E, Zinc|