Brinicombe Irish Karon Oil 5 Litre (Equine)
Irish Karon Oil - For a healthy digestive system. An omega 3 solution for horse fed high concentrate rations. Helps to maintain intestinal transit, stamina and coat shine.
This item is a non-stocked item. Please place your order as normal and we will be in touch with an expected delivery date.
Low fibre diets are typically fed to horses in training, but this type of feeding regime is not what the horse has evolved to digest. If care is not taken, this type of diet could lead to blockages, acidosis or even colic.Irish Karon Oil is an omega 3 solution designed to maintain the natural flow of food through the digestive system, whilst supporting health and condition. Containing 50% pure linseed oil, Irish Karon Oil provides an excellent source of energy and Omega 3 fatty acids, which are recognised for their ability to maintain skin and coat condition and support immune function. The inclusion of Calcium Hydroxide solution, which has strong alkaline properties, ensures that Irish Karon Oil will also help to maintain a healthy gastric environment. Magnesium Hydroxide, also included in this high-spec formulation, provides calming properties; helping the horse in intensive training to cope in stressful situations. Key benefits of Irish Karon Oil:
- Linseed oil provides a rich source of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to support the horse’s health and vitality.
- Oily emulsion helps to lubricate the gut to maintain normal intestinal transit. Particularly beneficial for horses in training on low fibre diets.
- Calcium hydroxide helps to maintain the natural pH of the digestive system.
- Magnesium hydroxide helps manage nervousness when under stress.
- High energy content; oil is a slow-release energy source which will support stamina without increasing the starch content of the diet. Ideal for horses sensitive to high starch (cereal) diets.
|Suitable for use during pregnancy?||YES|
|Complies with Jockey Club/ FEI Rules||Refer to prohibited substances statement: Brinicombe Equine does not use any ingredients which are considered as prohibited substances, and nor, to the best of their knowledge, has any product caused a positive drug test, or is ever likely to cause a pos|
|My Horse Is...||Lacking Condition|
|Instructions for use||There is no initial loading rate with this product. Shake well before use and mix with feed, gradually building up to the required rate over seven days.
|Maintenance Feeding Rate (average size animal)||60-90ml per day|
|How long will it last (days)?||83 days
|Approx cost per day||0.30|
|Ingredients Label||Linseed oil, calcium hydroxide, magnesium hydroxide|