Hilton Herbs Mud Defender (Equine)
Supports Winter Skin Health.
Formulated to maintain & support:
- The skin's natural resistance to mud dwelling bacteria
- Maintain the skin's cellular structure and intefrity
The Mud Defender Supplement is an extremely palatable and cost-effective supplement, containing ingredients such as Cooked Linseed Meal, Echinacea Root, Calendula Flowers and Brewer's Yeast, which have been selected for their ability to:
- Supply the Essential Fatty Acids Omega 3 & 6 required to support the skin's epidermal layers integrity, strength, condition and resistance to mud-dwelling bacteria.
- Provide the amino acids needed for Keratin production that forms the first line of defence in hair and skin.
- Supply the Zinc and Vitamin B vitamins needed to help synthesise Keratin.
- Support the body's overall immune response.
- Support cell renewal and regrowth of skin and hair.
- Support healthy skin and coat condition.
Mud Defender for horses, ponies and donkeys is formulated to maintain and support:
- a natural resistance to mud-dwelling bacteria (field trialled over the winter of 2013/2014 in the UK, France & the USA with great success)
- supply the Essential Fatty Acids Omega 3 & 6 required to support the skin's epidermal layers integrity, strength and condition
- the amino acids required for Keratin production that forms the first line of defence in skin and hair
- the Zinc and Vitamin B requirements to help synthesise Keratin production
- the body's overall immune response
- cell renewal and regrowth of skin and hair
- healthy skin and coat condition
Mud Defender is a dry supplement containing herbs such as echinacea, calendula and garlic to help horses and ponies maintain a natural resistance to mud-dwelling bacteria and support healthy coat and skin. Successfully field trialled, Mud Defender Supplement can be used alongside our Mud Defender Lotion for optimum benefits.
|Top Pick||Top Pick|
|Suitable for use during pregnancy?||YES|
|Complies with Jockey Club/ FEI Rules||YES|
|My Horse Is...||Competing, Pregnant, Prone to Scabby Legs, Run Down|
|Instructions for use||(50ml scoop size included = 22.1g of herbs): we suggest to make allowance for type:
Up to 12.2hh: 1 level scoop daily (22.1g)
12.2hh to 14.2hh: 2 level scoops daily (44.2g)
14.2hh to 15.2hh: 3 level scoops daily (66.3g)
15.2hh to 16.2hh: 4 level scoops daily (88.4g)
16.2hh+: 5 level scoops daily (110.5g)
Please split between two feeds where possible.
Please allow up to a month for the full benefits to be seen. In time, you may find the amount fed can be lowered.
|Maintenance Feeding Rate (average size animal)||3 scoops daily (66.3g)|
|Maintenance Feeding Rate (average 500kg horse) (Grams)||66.3|
|How long will it last (days)?||Up to 12.2hh: 2kg Bag will last 99 days, 5x2kg Multipack will last 497 days
12.2hh to 14.2hh: 2kg Bag will last 49 days, 5x2kg Multipack will last 248 days
14.2hh to 15.2hh: 2kg Bag will last 33 days, 5x2kg Multipack will last 165 days
15.2hh to 16.2hh: 2kg Bag will last 24 days, 5x2kg Multipack will last 124 days
16.2hh+: 2kg Bag will last 19 days, 5x2kg Multipack will last 99 days
|Approx cost per day||33p - £1.42|
|Ingredients Label||Cooked Linseed Meal, Brewers Yeast, Garlic, Kelp (Ascosophyllum nodosum), Calendula flowers, Echinacea Root, Liquorice root|
|Key Ingredients||Brewers Yeast, Echinacea, Garlic, Linseed, Liquorice|