Don't forget your pet!
With firework season just around the corner, we understand how important it is to take care of our furry friends during festivities. As much as we enjoy the celebrations and the bright lights, our pets may not share the same enthusiasm. In fact, fireworks can cause anxiety and stress for many pets, making it crucial for us to take extra precautions to keep them safe and comfortable.
What can you do to help your pet?
The bright lights and noises associated with fireworks can be overwhelming and cause upset for many animals, it is essential to create a calm and quiet space for your pets during firework displays. Here are some ways you can try and keep your pet as comfortable as possible:
- Minimise sound by closing all doors and windows. You may also wish to turn on the radio, play music or have the TV on to help distract from the sounds of fireworks.
- Create a safe, cosy space for your pet. Some pets will want to hide, by creating a space for them to hide, it may help your pet to relax and make your pet feel safer. You can put your pets favourite blanket, toys and treats in their safe space to help make your pet more comfortable.
- Give your pet an interactive toy, such as one with treats inside to help distract them from the fireworks and give them something different to focus on.
- Ensure your pet is indoors and cannot escape, and any identification such as microchips are up to date. In the event of your pet becoming scared they may run away, whilst all precautions should be made to keep your pet indoors during fireworks, if your pet is outdoors or gets out of the house, the noises and lights may scare them, resulting in them fleeing and hiding. Where possible it is safer to keep your pet indoors during the duration of fireworks.
- Consider feeding a calming supplement to your pet or using a calming diffuser or spray around the house to help your pet feel more at ease. Using a calmer may help to your pet to settle and relax but if your pet is particularly anxious you should contact your vet for advice.
It is important to help keep our pets safe during fireworks season. By following these tips and being patient and understanding with our furry friends, we can help our pets to feel less stressed and we can enjoy the celebrations with peace of mind.
For more information on how to keep your pets safe click here.
- Don’t forget your pet!With firework season just around the corner, we understand how important it is to take care of our furry friends during festivities.
- Tackle TapewormIt is important to tackle tapeworm burdens. Management routines are important for helping to prevent the spread of infection, however, due to the nature of tapeworm using mites as a host for their larvae, it is always possible for infection to occur, even with the best management practices in place.
- Got Fleas?Have you experienced flea problems with your pets or at home? Effectively manage and treat a flea infestation. Fleas are an endocytic parasite that live on the skin of our pets. They jump from host to host; meaning they pass from animal to the home and even humans.