Protect your pet this summer with Merial
Spring into action...
Spring is a great time to enjoy the outdoors, but that does mean you're more likely to come into contact with fleas, tick and parasites!
Your pet shares open spaces with many other animals. Untreated cats, dogs, hedgehogs, foxes and rabbits can all wander through, leaving a trail of flea and worm eggs behind them. It's from these eggs that your pet becomes infested with fleas and worms.
Merial have the ideal combination to banish fleas, ticks and worms with their number one selling FRONTLINE Spot On to banish fleas and ticks and their new Veloxa wormer for dogs to ensure the worms are kept at bay. Read on to find out more...
How to fight fleas:
1. Regularly treat your pet with a product that kills fleas before they reproduce. FRONTLINE Spot On kills fleas in just 24 hours. Don't wait to see fleas before treating your pet.
2. Treat all the pets in your household. If you only treat the pet you've seen fleas on, you're leaving your other pets free to pick them up.
3. Regularly vacuum carpets and furnishings and wash your pet's bedding above 60 degrees celsius to help remove flea eggs.
But it's not just fleas you should protect your pet from. There's the growing problem of disease transmitting ticks too.
The tick threat to your pet: Ticks are blood-sucking parasites that can attach to your pet as they brush past vegetation when walking.
1 in 3 ticks have been found to carry an infectious disease that may affect dogs. Ticks are second only to mosquitoes in transmitting infectious diseases to humans and animals. Lyme disease is one such problem, with human cases of this having increased more than 300% since 2000.
To protect your pet, regularly use a treatment that kills ticks. FRONTLINE Spot On kills both fleas and ticks, so if you use it once a month you'll give your pet the protection they need against both these parasites.
The makers of FRONTLINE Spot On introduce Veloxa - a new dog worming product Brought to you by the manufacturer of FRONTLINE Spot On, the UK's NO. 1 flea and tick treatment; Veloxa is a new easy to give dewormer for dogs. Veloxa's combination of active ingredients are effective against all common internal worms: roundworm, tapeworm, hookworm and whipworm.
Veloxa is a tasty beef-flavoured chewable tablet, which is taken by almost all dog voluntarily, so there's no need to hide in food - making it easier to treat your dog than ever before!
Did you know? Healthy dogs often don't have external signs of worms but may still be infested and shed eggs into the environment. This is why regular treatment is vital. Signs of a worm infestation include:
- Bloated tummy and/or diarrhoea
- Dragging bottom along the floor
- Lack of energy
- Fleas can carry tapeworm, so it's important to treat your pets with a flea and tick preventative such as FRONTLINE Spot On, while also treating dogs with a dewormer such as Veloxa.
If you have any questions about worming your pets please get in touch with our E-SQP by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01995 672464.