Why choose Calm Mix?
As the competition season gets in full swing calming supplements are a hot topic but with so many to choose from where do you start when selecting one for your horse? We have a closer look at the ingredients of The Herbal Horse Calm Mix - an ideal calming supplement for the competing horse.
The Herbal Horse Calm Mix is a unique blend of herbs and nutraceuticals for a multi-faceted approach to dealing with nervous or tense horses. It comes in powder form which is grey in colour and powdery in texture. Maintenance use is just 15g (1 scoop) per day but this can be increased to 60g per day (4 scoops) for events. So what does it contain...
- L-Tryptophan - is converted to Serotonin (the happy hormone!) which helps the horse have a cooler more chilled outlook on life!
- Inositol - is involved in the actions of Serotonin and is also related to B vitamins and helps to support electrical impulses and nutrient transfer across the cell membrane.
- Vitamin B1 - also known as Thiamine plays a crucial role in the proper transmission of nerve impulses, allowing horses to feel more focused and at ease. This vitamin is produced in the horse's gut as well as being available in a horse's diet. A lack of Thiamine can cause poor appetite.
- Vitamin D3 - has been found to increase the conversion of L-Tryptophan to Serotonin in the horse's brain.
- Chelated Magnesium - a nutritional deficiency in Magnesium can cause nervous behaviour. Chelated Magnesium is absorbed better by the horse.
- Gotu Kola - was tested and found to significantly reduce what is known scientifically as the 'the startle response'.
- Chamomile - gently soothes without causing drowsiness also promotes a healthy digestive system.
All ingredients in Calm Mix are responsibly sourced and FEI approved so it is safe to feed to competing horses. The combination of herbs and nutraceuticals that support calm behviour, healthy appetite and a healthy digestive system make it ideal for horses that stay away from home, stress weight off and who travel often. It is also a supplement that can be increased or just fed around competitions or stressful events.
Available in a 500g pouch (1 month supply) for £27.82 or a 2kg tub (4 month supply) for £100.16.