Pet Remedy Calming Wipes (Equine/Pet)
A clinically proven blend of Valerian, Vetiver and other calming essential oils. Natural de-stress and calming wipes.
How Pet Remedy works
- Pet Remedy works with the pet’s own natural calming mechanisms by mimicking GABA (gamma amino butyric acid) which is a natural calming agent present in all mammals, reptiles, and birds.
- So when a pet becomes stressed or anxious the Pet Remedy actives help trick fired-up nerve cells into thinking they are getting a message from the brain to calm. This is why it starts to help instantly.
- The formulation is predominantly oil based (from Eastern Europe), with small inclusions of Vetiver (from Indonesia), Sweet Basil, (from Europe), and Clary Sage (from France) essential oils.
- Many Valerian preparations are too potent and can sedate rather than calm. Pet Remedy is low concentration and the diffuser delivers a constant slow release, which is very kind and gentle in its effect on the metabolism. Likewise for the calming sprays and wipes which are water based.
Valerian absolute oil
- Valerian is a perennial herb with short rhizomes, aromatic feathery leaves and clusters of small pink or white owers. There are over 260 different species of Valerian worldwide but only a few have calming properties and we obtain optimum results for Pet Remedy from Valeriana Of cinalis. This species is native to Europe, North America, and the northern part of Asia.
- Valerian absolute oil is obtained by cold extraction from the rhizomes of the plant, Valeriana Of cinalis, and has been used for centuries as an effective and safe calming agent.
- Known compounds detected in valerian that may contribute to its method of action are:
- Sesquiterpenes: (contained in the volatile oil): isovaleric acid, valerenic acid,valerenal, and valerenol
- Gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA)
- Iridoids: including valepotriates: isovaltrate and valtrate
- Alkaloids: actinidine, chatinine, shyanthine, valerianine, and valerine
- Isovaleramide: may be created in the extraction process
- Flavanones: hesperidin, 6-methylapigenin, and linarin.
- We source our absolute oil from Europe where our valerian plants are grown organically using only pig manure as fertiliser.
Other essential oils used in the pet remedy formulation
Vetiver (Chrysopogon zizanioides) is a tough, aromatic grass and the essential oil is extracted by steam distillation from the roots of this grass which belongs to the same botanical family as lemongrass, citronella and palmarosa. This plant has been appreciated for its calming properties since records began. It is extracted from the washed, chopped, dried and soaked roots and rootlets by steam distillation The aroma is very earthy. The main chemical components are benzoic acid, vetiverol, furfurol, a and b-vetivone, vetivene and vetivenyl vetivenate. We source Vetiver from Haiti and Java.
Sweet Basil (Ocimum basilicum) is an aromatic herb with lush green leaves. The essential oil is extracted by steam distillation from the leaves and the owering tops. Sweet Basil essential oil has various chemical compounds that include a-pinene, camphene, b-pinene, myrcene, limonene, cis-ocimene, camphor, linalool, methyl chavicol, y-terpineol, citronellol, geraniol, methyl cinnamate and eugenol. It is commonly used in aromatherapy for its calming effect. We source Sweet Basil from Europe and Egypt.
Clary Sage (Salvia Sclaria) is a biennial herb, native to the Mediterranean and parts of Europe. Clary Sage Essential Oil is extracted by steam distillation of the buds and leaves from the Clary Sage plant. This herb has been highly praised as a medicinal plant throughout history, particularly in respect of its calming properties. Known chemical compounds present in Clary Sage essential oil includes esters, sesquiterpenes, di-terpenes, and monoterpenes. We source our Clary Sage essential oil from France.
|Complies with Jockey Club/ FEI Rules||NO|
|Warnings||Contains Valerian. Not suitable for competition horses.|
|Instructions for use||Use the eco-friendly wipe in the same way as you would with the calming spray by gentle rubbing around muzzle, under chin and top of chest of your pet (including horses!).
Or you can rub on your fingers before handling an anxious pet.
It can be used to wipe down surfaces such as an examination or grooming bench top.
You can also tie to a cat basket when travelling to vet or place on bedding in home and car!
|Ingredients Label||Contains Valerian essential oil, Vetiver, Sweet Basil and Sage|
|Key Ingredients||Essential Plant OIls, Valerian Root|