The Golden Paste Company TurmerItch 2kg (Equine)
TurmerItch™ is a maintenance supplement for a healthy skin and coat which has been developed for horses and ponies with issues such as biting insects and other skin conditions.
Healthy skin starts with good nutrition, after all, we are what we eat and it’s no different for our horses. This is what gave The Golden Paste Company the inspiration to launch TurmerItch™, a new supplement for a healthy skin and coat which has been developed for horses and ponies with skin conditions.
The new supplement, TurmerItch™, combines key ingredients including Neem, Red Bush Tea and Chamomile, to help provide relief from itching and soothe the skin by promoting a healthy skin and coat. It also contains Turmeric and Micronised Linseed to help produce a high shine to the horse’s coat (see full ingredients list below).
The active ingredients in TurmerItch™ support biting insect repulsion and help maintain reduced sensitivity which was demonstrated during trials with the supplement over a 12-month period. Not only was the supplement extremely beneficial to horses suffering with itching, it also improved hair regrowth and coat shine.
- Easy to use pellets
- Highly palatable
- Soothing to reduce itching
- Promotes hair regrowth
- Helps to repel btiing insects
- Improve skin and coat health
- Neem powder - Neem powder is a powerful herb, made with leaves of the Neem Tree, which is used to make natural hair, scalp and dandruff treatments and soothing balms for red or irritated skin. It also strengthens the immune system, keeps away nasty insects such as fleas and ticks and has anti-bacterial properties. Neem Powder in TurmerItch™, supports the immune system and keeps away insects.
- Red Bush tea - Rooibos (meaning red bush) can be given externally or internally to treat dry, itchy, irritated skin in horses, dogs and cats. The bioflavonoids in rooibos have a potent anti-itch effect. Red Bush Tea in TurmerItch™ is rich in antioxidants and helps dry, itchy and irritated skin.
- Chamomile powder - Chamomile has calming qualities which help relieve the symptoms of itching, and pain as it helps support two neural pathways – GABA & Endocannabinoid. Chamomile powder in TurmerItch™ calms nerves and reduces stress.
- Milk thistle seed - Milk Thistle seeds have traditionally been used to support the growth of new liver cells, to aid liver, kidney and pancreatic health. This is due to the active 'Silymarin' compounds, which have antioxidant properties. Milk Thistle in TurmerItch™ supports the liver and skin health.
- Turmeric powder - The major bioactive component of Turmeric powder is curcumin, and it has been described in the academic press as having antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. Turmeric powder in TurmerItch™ helps the integrity of the natural defence and structural mechanisms and supports the body’s natural inflammation processes.
- Salt - Salt contains many of the valuable minerals your horse needs. Salt in TurmerItch™ promotes a healthy balance in the body.
- Apple cider vinegar powder - Apple Cider Vinegar works to acidify the horse's stomach for better digestion, cleansing the digestive tract. Apple Cider Vinegar in TurmerItch™ is essential for good health and increases palatability.
- Micronised linseed - Rich in omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids. Micronised Linseed in TurmerItch™ helps to maintain a healthy and shiny coat.
- Grass nuts - 100% chopped dried grass, Grass Nuts in TurmerItch™ are processed to preserve the maximum levels of natural nutrients.
- Diamond V 'XP' - Acts as a prebiotic. Diamond V “XP” in TurmerItch™ supports gut health, acts as a and encourages optimal hindgut fermentation.
- Beetroot powder - Contains a range of antioxidants and natural colourants.
|Manufacturer||Golden Paste Co.|
|My Horse Is...||Covered in Flies, Itchy|
|Instructions for use||TurmerItch™ feeding rates:
Ponies (Under 300kg) 1 Tbsp, twice daily
Horses & Ponies (500kg) - 1.5 Tbsp, twice daily
Horses (Over 700kg) - 2.5 Tbsp, twice daily
*1.5 Tbsp holds approx. 25g*
You can increase the feeding rates if required to a level that best suits your horse.
|Maintenance Feeding Rate (average size animal)||1.5 tbsp twice a day|
|Maintenance Feeding Rate (average 500kg horse) (Grams)||50|
|How long will it last (days)?||When fed at 50g per day (25g fed twice per day), a 2kg tub will last approximately 40 days.|
|Approx cost per day||£1.50|
|Ingredients Label||Neem Powder, Red Bush Tea, Chamomile Powder, Milk Thistle Seed, Turmeric Powder, Salt, Apple Cider Vinegar Powder, Micronised Linseed, Grass Nuts, Diamond V 'XP', Beetroot Powder|
|Key Ingredients||Chamomile, Linseed, Milk Thistle, Prebiotic, Turmeric|