Virbac Effipro Spot On For Small Dogs 2-10kg 4 Pipettes (NFA-VPS)
- Effipro Spot On is applied externally to your pets skin on the back of the neck.
- The active ingredient, fipronil, quickly dissolves into the natural oils of your pets skin and coat, dispersing over the entire body surface within 24 hours and concentrating in the skin's oil glands to form a reservoir.
- Fipronil is then secreted with the natural oils of the skin and hair, continuously coating your pets skin and hair for several weeks after application in fact its the longest-lasting spot on flea treatment available without prescription.
- Select the correct size pipette for the weight of the animal. It is recommended to weigh the pet.
- Hold the pipette upright. Tap the narrow neck of the pipette to ensure the contents are in the main body. Then, break the snap-off top of the pipette along the scored lines.
- Part the coat between the shoulder blades until the skin is visible.
- Place the tip of the pipette on the skin and squeeze gently to empty its contents onto the skin, at one or two spots where the animal cannot lick it off.
- For cats, one at the base of the skull and a second 2-3cm further back is advisable.
- Care should be taken to avoid excessive wetting of the hair with the product since this will cause a sticky appearance at the application site. This will disappear within 24 hours of application.
- Animals may be handled as soon as the application site's dry.
- The minimum treatment interval is 4 weeks.
- Effipro Spot On is for the treatment of cats and dogs only and for external use only.
- Veterinary advice should be sought prior to using Effipro Spot On if there is any sign of skin irritation or if the pet is unwell.
- Effipro Spot On is safe to use in breeding, pregnant and lactating bitches and queens.
- Do not use on sick or convalescent animals.
- Do not use on kittens weighing less than 1kg or puppies weighing less than 2kg.
- Minimum treatment interval 4 weeks.
- Do not use on puppies or kittens less than 8 weeks of age.
- Do not overdose.
- Pets with a known hypersensitivity to insecticides or alcohol should avoid contact with Effipro Spot On.
- Avoid contact with the animals eyes.
- The product should not be used on rabbits as adverse reactions and even death could occur.
- It is important to apply the dose to an area where the animal cannot lick it off. If licking occurs, a brief period of hypersalivation may occur, due mainly to the nature of the carrier.
|Warnings||Precautions when applying Effipro Spot On: * Effipro Spot On can cause mucous membrane and eye irritation, so avoid any contact with the mouth or eyes. After accidental contact with eyes, rinse carefully with plain water. * Do not smoke, eat or drink during application. * Keep out of reach of children. * Do not handle treated pets until the application site is dry. * Avoid the contents of the pipette coming into contact with the fingers, and wash hands with soap and water after use. * Owners with a known hypersensitivity to insecticides or alcohol should also avoid contact with Effipro Spot On. * Fipronil may adversely affect aquatic organisms. Do not contaminate ponds, waterways and ditches with the product or empty containers. * Dispose of empty packaging and any remaining product in the household refuse. * Store in original packaging in a dry place. Do not store above 30 C.|
|Instructions for use||See instructions|
|Legal Category||NFA-VPS (Non-food animal medicine). A medicine for companion animals. Please answer the questions above|
|Wormer Information||For the latest, up to date information about Effipro, please see the NOAH Compendium|
|Parasites Treated||Fleas, Ticks|
|Active Ingredient||Fipronil (100mg/ml)|