MaxaCalm is an equine calmer with a bit of a difference. A magnesium based blend containing Green Lipped Mussel, L-Tryptophan and soothing herbs, MaxaCalm helps take the edge off sharp and nervous horses without losing sparkle.Though better known for its uses in joint care, Green Lipped Mussel is a potent source of Omega 3 fatty acids which are known to aid concentration levels and improve brain health. A fast acting calmer, designed to help you see results in as little as 7-10 days, MaxaCalm works quickly to help your horse to relax and focus on the task in hand. With no listed banned substances, MaxaCalm is suitable for horses competing at all levels. Why feed MaxaCalm?
- A day-to-day calming supplement to help take the edge off sharp and nervous horses.
- Containing optimum levels of magnesium and l-tryptophan.
- With omega-3 fatty acids (from green lipped mussel) for brain health plus a unique combination of calming herbs.
- No listed banned substances.
- Magnesium - Magnesium plays an important part in nerve and muscle function. Horses deficient in this important element can show signs of nervousness, wariness, excitability, and muscle tremors. This gives magnesium its reputation for having a calming influence on equines.
- L-tryptophan - is an essential amino acid which is made from plant or animal sources. This amino acid helps to raise levels of serotonin which is linked to relaxation, reducing stress levels and anxiety among other problems. Horses are unable to produce L-tryptophan and therefore is a common ingredient in many calmer supplements.
- Green lipped mussel SuPerna - Green lipped mussel is a potent source of omega 3 fatty acids including DHA, EPA and ETA which are known to aid concentration levels and improve brain health.
- Withania – Withania or “ashawagandha” strengthens and calms the nervous system. Ashwagandha is a wonderfully balancing herb that helps the body and mind to adapt to the stresses of everyday life.
- Passiflora – Passiflora or “Passion Flower” is a fresh herb tincture for stress. It improves blood supply to the heart and reduces stress so that your horse feels calmer.
- Chamomile - includes calming of the digestive tract, and easing of the spasms of irritable bowel syndrome. It's a relaxant and mild natural sedative, so it is often taken against anxiety.
- Lemon Balm - Lemon Balm is also used medicinally as a herbal tea, or in extract form, along with aromatherapy with humans. It is used as a mild natural sedative or calming agent. At least one study has found it to be effective at reducing stress.
- B complex vitamins – All vitamin B supplements aid different deficiencies and problems. Therefore a mix of these help support all areas. Vitamin B1 especially helps irritability and concentration. Vitamin B6 also helps nervousness.
|Complies with Jockey Club/ FEI Rules||YES|
|My Horse Is...||Excitable, Nervous|
|Instructions for use||Give one level scoop (30g) daily with feed.|
|Maintenance Feeding Rate (average size animal)||30g per day|
|Maintenance Feeding Rate (average 500kg horse) (Grams)||30|
|How long will it last (days)?||30 days|
|Approx cost per day||77p|
|Ingredients Label||Magnesium, withania, passiflora, chamomile, lemon balm, maxavita B complex, l-tryptophan|
|L-Tryptophan mg/kg or mg/litre||6500|
|Magnesium mg/kg or mg/litre||420,000|