Who we are
Data Controller: Supplement Solutions Ltd
Name of Data Protection Manager: Hannah Wild (company director)
Address: The Weind, Great Eccleston, Preston, PR3 0ZU
Telephone: 01995 672464
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (www.ico.org.uk). We would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns first.
This version was last updated on 22/04/2020.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed of any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- your name
- contact information including email address and telehone number (landline and mobile)
- your address (both billing and delivery addresses)
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see below.
How we collect your personal data
- When you register on our website
- When you place an order over the telephone, by email, over the counter or on our website.
- If you make an enquiry or ask for a quote
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Process your order and your payment (we cannot process any order without your billing address/ the address your card is registered to)
- Create courier labels on our courier's website (ParcelForce, Royal Mail & Parcelbroker)
- To keep internal records and accounts in accordance with HMRC's requirements
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. Since May 25th 2018 you will now need to opt into receiving newsletters. Customers who registered before this date will already be opted in, unless you have since chosen to opt out by unsubscribing.
- Contact you for feedback.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. On later visits, this data is then returned to that website.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
We don’t sell the information collected by cookies, nor do we disclose the information to third parties, except where required by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
If you wish to control which cookies are set on your device through this website then you can find out how to do this below.
Adobe Flash Player Cookies
The Adobe Flash Player, used to provide services such as iPlayer or web-based games, is also capable of storing information on your device. However, these cookies cannot be controlled through your web browser. Some web browser manufacturers are developing solutions to allow you to control these through your browser, but at the present time, if you wish to restrict or block Flash Cookies, then you must do this on the Adobe website.
Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We may also use such reviews in other promotional material and media for our advertising and promotional purposes.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- when you place an order for the first time (or if you previously have not opted in) you will be given the option to tick a box to opt in and "subscribe to Newsletter". If you would like to receive our e-newsletters, please tick the box to opt in. By opting in you will only receive information from Supplement Solutions. You will not be sent information by any third party company.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or unsubscribing from our e-newsletters.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|form_key||A security measure that appends a random string to all form submissions to protect the data from Cross-Site Request Forgery|
|implicit-cookie-message-seen||Indicates that the cookie popup message has been seen.|
|login_redirect||Preserves the destination page the customer was loading before being directed to log in.|
|mage-cache-sessid||Triggers the cleanup of local cache storage.|
|mage-cache-storage-section-invalidation||Forces local storage of specific content sections that should be invalidated.|
|mage-cache-storage||Local storage of visitor-specific content that enables eCommerce functions|
|mage-cache-timeout||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|mage-messages||Tracks error messages and other notifications that are shown to the user.|
|mage-translation-file-version||Tracks the version of translations in local storage.|
|PHPSESSID||Automatically generated to store data about the current session.|
|private_content_version||Appends a random, unique number and time to pages with customer content to prevent them being cached on the server.|
|product_data_storage||Stores configuration for product data related to Recently Viewed / Compared Products.|
|recently_compared_product_previous||Stores product ID's of previously compared products for easy navigation|
|recently_compared_product||Stores product IDs of recently viewed products for easy navigation|
|recently_viewed_product_previous||Stores product IDs of recently previously viewed products for easy navigation|
|recently_viewed_product||Stores product IDs of recently viewed Products for easy navigation|
|section_data_ids||Stores customer-specific information related to shopper-initiated actions|
|Google Analytics|| Collects statistical information about how you use the site so that we can improve the experience|
Refusing or changing my cookie settings
You may refuse to accept cookies by altering the settings on your internet browser. For more information about how to do this, look at your browser 'help' section or visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
- Google Chrome - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Microsoft Edge - https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Mozilla Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Microsoft Internet Explorer - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Opera - https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Apple Safari - https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_US
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Alternatively, if you are using a mobile or tablet please revert to its operating manual.
Please note that if you adjust your internet browser settings to refuse the setting of cookies, you may not be able to access or use fully certain parts or functionality of our website.