MaxaFlex is an equine joint supplement which combines the soothing power of Green Lipped Mussel with key ingredients to offer short and long term support for joint health in horses and ponies.The key active ingredient, a patented Green Lipped Mussel extract called SuPerna™, contains high levels of Omega-3 ETA fatty acids. Green Lipped Mussel works quickly to soothe stiff, aching joints while Glucosamine, MSM and HA help with the long term maintenance of connective tissue. With added Glucosamine, MSM and HA, MaxaFlex contains all the essential ingredients needed to maintain healthy, supple and flexible joints. MaxaFlex is used by professional riders competing at all levels. MaxaFlex is fast acting, with results often visible in as little as 7-10 days. An alfalfa base makes MaxaFlex palatable to taste. MaxaFlex contains no listed banned substances and is veterinary approved. Why feed MaxaFlex?
- A dual action supplement for long and short term joint care.
- Combines soothing green lipped mussel with glucosamine, MSM & HA.
- Results are often visible in as little as 7-10 days.
- Contains no listed banned substances.
- Green Lipped Mussel SuPerna - Green Lipped Mussel Extract, SuPerna™ is the powdered extract of the New Zealand Green Lipped Mussel (GLM) and is naturally rich in soothing Omega 3 fatty acids which have been proven effective in maintaining joint health. The Omega-3s in SuPerna™ include EPAs, DHAs and unique ETAs (eicosatetraenoic acids), plus naturally occurring Chondroitin Sulphate. Our patented GLM extract, SuPerna™ is up to five times stronger than any other GLM extract, as proven in independent UK laboratories.
- Glucosamine HCL - Glucosamine HCL has been shown to be present during manufacture of the key cartilage mechanisms. This may assist the body’s lubricants, shock absorbers and structural elements, helping to maintain healthy joints.
- MSM - MSM is organic sulfur, which is widely utilized by the body in the formation of connective tissue. Used in combination with Glucosamine it has shown successful is assisting with joint health.
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) - HA or Hyaluronic Acid is present in every tissue of the body and is seen most in the synovial fluid, which surrounds the joints. This fluid is needed to serve as a lubricant, shock absorber and also carrying nutrients to help protect the joints. The synovial fluid is also important in the maintenance of cartilage again supporting the bones.
- Manganese - Manganese is used as a basis for receiving all the essential minerals for the formation of connective tissue (such as cartilage). Manganese is also useful for keeping bones strong.
- Alfalfa - Alfalfa is naturally high in protein, calcium, plus other minerals, vitamin A, vitamins in the B group, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, and vitamin K.
|Testimonial||"Since moving my entire yard onto MaxaFlex they are coming out to work feeling looser and free-er, I wouldn’t be without it!" - Flora Harris, International Event Rider|
|Complies with Jockey Club/ FEI Rules||YES - Contains no listed banned substances|
|Warnings||Be careful when handling if you have a shellfish allergy.|
|My Horse Is...||Developing, Stiff|
|Instructions for use||Feed 30g per day - Give just under one level scoop per day. Scoop holds approx 35-38g of MaxaFlex.|
|Maintenance Feeding Rate (average size animal)||30g per day|
|Maintenance Feeding Rate (average 500kg horse) (Grams)||30|
|How long will it last (days)?||30 days|
|Approx cost per day||73p|
|Ingredients Label||Green lipped mussel SuPerna, glucosamine HCL, MSM, hyaluronic acid (HA), manganese, alfalfa|
|Chondroitin mg/kg or mg/litre||from Green Lipped Mussel 33,330|
|Glucosamine mg/kg or mg/litre||200,000|
|Hyaluronic Acid (HA) mg/kg or mg/litre||500|
|MSM mg/kg or mg/litre||200,000|