Virbac Endogard Plus XL Tablet for Dogs (Sold Individually) (NFA-VPS)
A broad-spectrum wormer that protects against intestinal worms commonly found in dogs (roundworm, tapeworm and hookworm), containing febantel, pyrantel and praziquantel. Legal Category: NFA-VPS.
- Buy 3 for £10.44 each and save 2%
- Buy 6 for £10.22 each and save 4%
- Buy 9 for £10.02 each and save 6%
- Buy 12 for £9.80 each and save 8%
Endogard® Plus is a broad-spectrum wormer that protects against intestinal worms commonly found in dogs (Roundworm, Tapeworm & Hookworm), containing febantel, pyrantel and praziquantel.
Product features :
- An effective formulation of 3 active ingredients: praziquantel, pyrantel and febantel
- Tablets can be divided into halves or quarters for accurate dosing
- Flavoured tablets for easy administration
- Can be used in dogs older than 2 weeks and weighing over 2kg
- For small and medium sized dogs, use 1 tablet of Endogard® Plus Flavour per 10kg of bodyweight. For larger dogs over 35kg use 1 tablet of Endogard® Plus XL per 35kg of bodyweight.
Product benefits :
- Protects dogs against the important common intestinal worms
- A tried and trusted combination of active ingredients
- Easy to dose and administer
|Suitable for use during pregnancy?||Consult a veterinary surgeon before treating pregnant animals for roundworms. Do not use in bitches during the first two-thirds of pregnancy.|
|Warnings||Do not use simultaneously with piperazine compounds. Do not use in animals with a known hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of excipients. Do not exceed the stated dosage when treating pregnant bitches. This product is not recommended for use in dogs under 17.5 kg body weight. Any part-used tablets should be discarded. Special precautions to be taken by the person administering the veterinary medicinal product to animals In the interests of good hygiene, persons administering the tablet directly to a dog or by adding it to the dog's food, should wash their hands afterwards. In case of accidental ingestion, seek medical advice and show the package leaflet to the physician.|
|Instructions for use||For oral administration.
The recommended dose rates are: 15 mg/kg bodyweight febantel, 14.4 mg/kg pyrantel and 5 mg/kg praziquantel. This is equivalent to 1 tablet per 35 kg bodyweight.
Tablets may be halved to allow accuracy of dosing.
No restriction of access to food is required either before or after administration of the product. The tablet(s) can be given directly to the dog or disguised in food.
To ensure administration of a correct dose, bodyweight should be determined as accurately as possible.
For the control of Toxocara, nursing bitches should be dosed 2 weeks after giving birth and every 2 weeks until weaning.
In the event of a heavy roundworm infestation, a repeat dose should be given after 14 days.
For routine control adult dogs should be treated every 3 months.
|Legal Category||NFA-VPS (Non-food animal medicine). A medicine for companion animals. Please answer the questions above|
|Wormer Information||For the latest, up to date information about Endogard Plus XL for Dogs, please see the NOAH Compendium|
|Parasites Treated||Ascarids (T.canis), Hookworm, Ascarids (T.leonina), Tapeworm (D.caninum), Tapeworm (Taenia)|
|Active Ingredient||Febantel (15mg/kg), Praziquantel (5mg/kg), Pyrantel embonate (14.4mg/kg)|